Belarusian Canadian Alliance
Згуртаваньне Беларусаў Канады
Purpose of Corporation
- Preservation and cultivation of the Belarusian national and cultural heritage.
- Uniting Belarusians in Canada.
- Moral and financial assistance to Corporation members.
- Cultural and educational outreach.
- Defending the interests of Belarusians in Canada and worldwide.
- Pursuant to subsection 197(1) (Fundamental Change) of the Act, a special resolution of
the members is required to make any amendments to the following sections of the Bylaw
a. Subsections 1.01 (“Definitions”), 1.02 (“Interpretation”), 1.03 (“Corporate
Governing and Audit Bodies”), 1.04 (“Organization Structure of the
Corporation”), 1.11 (“Importance of By-Laws and Articles”), 1.12 (“Language of
this By-Law”) of Section 1 (“General”).
b. Section 2 (“Membership”).
c. Section 3 (“Membership dues, termination and discipline”).
d. Section 4 (“Meetings of members”).
e. Section 5 (“Directors”).
f. Section 7 (“Officers”).
g. Section 8 (“Notices”).
- A special resolution is also required to authorize purchasing and selling fixed assets of
- The decision of liquidation of the Corporation can only be made at a Meeting of
Members and requires support of majority of 75% of all voting members of the
Corporation not counting any proxy votes.
- The Corporation adheres to Vision and Values of “25 March” (Belarusian statehood)
Classes of Members / Catégories de members
The corporation is authorized to establish Voting Members class and Volunteer Members class
- The Voting Members shall be entitled to receive notice of and to attend all meetings of
the members of the Corporation and each Voting Member shall have on (1) vote at each
such meeting, except for meetings at which only members of another class are entitled to
vote separately as a class.
- Except as otherwise provided by the Canada Non-for-Profit Corporations Act, S.C. 2009,
c23 the Volunteer Members shall not be entitled to receive notice of, attend or vote at
meetings of the members of the Corporation.